Thursday, October 19, 2006

Grapes



This is an end of terrace house in Priory Avenue here. It is a good looking house in its own right, but now with this fantastic vine heavy with grapes it is quite spectacular.
I don't know how normal it is for grapes to be growing on the side of houses but I am sure it's the first time I've seen it!
This house is right next to the County Cricket Ground, as is mine - some photos of the ground will follow I am sure.

Just a few metres from where I shot this house is a great Walnut tree, the nuts are dropping all over the road and path at the moment, I have not tried eating one yet but when I get to one before a car does I will let you know how they taste.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

The green vines are not only unusual but they offer a beautiful contrast to the colour of the brick and door. I like also the different textures: brick, wood, and leaves. Nice!

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good observation. I wouldnt have noticed they're grapes from afar. Nice photo!

ps. welcome to DP family!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

great color. it seems you live in a great place. let's take a look at county cricket cround soon. yep, odd place for a grapevine to grow.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo..look at the colour, luv them!
red bricks...and green grapes. :) nice contrast!!
Um..really looks fresh photo!
:D
...Jing

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com