Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Spring Sprung


After seeing a great post of an early flower yesterday I was prompted to show you the flowers on one of the trees in my back garden.

What sort of tree is it? I am embarrassed to say I have no idea! Except to say that it should be on the endangered list as it is living on borrowed time...

Quite apart from it doing itself no favours by flowering months too early, it has sealed its own fate by being way too productive. Last year it prevented a lot of light getting to my courgettes so in a few weeks the saw is coming out!

I don't know if we are in a natural cycle of global warming or if man has made that little nudge too many in the wrong direction but I know a lot of trees kept their leaves much longer, and have started to bud or flower much earlier than normal.
Don't annoy the trees, we rely on them!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kostas said...

We have a very interesting climate period with uknown results!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

This is so pretty! Encouraging too after so much horrid weather. Great to see you're visiting my blog now and then and oops sorry seem to have messed up your fun with Ame. Oh i'm gutted. lol

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice shot.

It would be a perfect thing for a computer background in this cold winter time.

Cheers.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com