Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hawthorn



Does the Hawthorn grow where you live?

What a tree! I will be burning lots of Hawthorn this weekend, cooking and hanging around the campfire, if it wasn't for those sharp prickles it would be the ideal tree.

I took this a couple of days ago down in Childrens Wood - alongside the river the council planted a tree for every child born in the borough for a couple of years, a nice idea. I wouldn't mind if 'my' tree had been a Hawthorn, shame I am about 30 years too old and from a couple of hundred miles north!

As I am away with the Scouts this weekend I may not be able to post for a few days - see you soon.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ame said...

Nice one Flowerboy!

Have fun with the scouts!

;)x

10:04 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

PS ~ How 'bout some jam with that "toast" of yours! =)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Enjoy the scout camp, and may your campfires be full of hawthorn !

(Can't think of any hawthorn near me, but there's a suburb of that name in melbourne)

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

simply lovely!
enjoy your camp

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com