Monday, May 14, 2007

Sustrans - National Cycle Network


Surely they can't both be the way to 3?
Where is 3?
What happened to 2? and 1?

These are signs for a route on the National Cycle Network a massive collection of safe cycle paths mapped and maintained by Sustrans - the sustainable transport charity.

Sustrans was started in Bristol in the 1970's with the aim of making a network of 2000 miles of cycle paths by the year 2000, in 2005 it had already reached the 10000 mile mark, an amazing achievement.

I am a Sustrans Ranger - that means I am responsible for a short section of the network, I have to ride it from time to time to make sure the signage is still clear and nothing it blocking the route. It's been a while since I did it - I don't think I am a very good ranger...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ame said...

Well it's OBVIOUS you're NOT Mark!

Otherwise those signs would be pointing in the SAME direction!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

So are you coming or going???

That is the question!!!

LOL!
;)
xo

1:13 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Is this in your patch, too? Gee, 3 is my lucky number, but you need to get this sorted, or else they'll take your ranger sticker/patch/helmet/star away!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com