Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How many arms does Winchester have?



Well this is the Winchester Arms, obviously!
Yet another Taunton pub I have not stepped inside, I do really need to get out more...

It looks quite nice but Nelly says it used to be quite rough, she spent some time there apparently!
The sword in the stone has something to do with a little Am Dram production that goes on on the green once in a while, something else I've never seen.

For a pub in the centre of town it is pretty tucked away, I will make it my business to have a pint in there soon and report back.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great bunch of posts.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

There was me thinking it would be a stately home!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marque de projectile d'amusement! Allez ont cette bière bientôt et font rapport! Y don sortent beaucoup de l'un ou l'autre! Voyez-vous plus tard!

Merci'!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Neat shot MB!

Looks similar to the castle down below...same windows anyway...you sure it isn't the back side? ;)

Anxiously awaiting your "rough pub" experience! Maybe you should grab that sword and take it in as protection, LOL!

=)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

Ame it is close to the castle, probably made to look similar.

I'm sure its home to someone Curly! Stately or not...

Cheers Luggi and yes, anonymous... I will!

7:33 PM  
Blogger G said...

It's a nice pub, I go there most weekends, they did have problems in the past but they have really cracked down on it. Really nice atmosphere.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

Cheers Gareth... So you can buy me that pint then.... ;)

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com