Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Wall


Just behind the Cider Mill in one of the previous posts is the Old Library, it was - well, an old library! Now it is one of a chain of bars named 'Pitcher & Piano'. For a chain it is not bad, decent enough food and good drinks - if a little pricey.
Anyway, leading off the Old Library as was, pitcher & Piano as is, is this wall.
It's the first time I have looked at it, that's the thing with this DP business, I find I am 'seeing' stuff for the first time. Loving some of the images you are showing me too!

I don't know if they have just removed some ivy or similar from the wall, it's the only reason I can think of for the extremely damp green areas.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ame said...

Interesting shot!

Poor wall...must have had some kind of abuse...all patched and worn and green....kinda "bruised" I'd say!

Just wait for the purple part (of that bruise) to set in!

EEEEEEEEK! LOL!

And I agree...I'm always amazed at the different things people find in my shots!

=)

PS: Way to hide that waterMARK!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

At least it hasn't got like this!
http://sydneynearlydailyphot.blogspot.com/2006/05/moss.html

Nice colours and textures.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the brick wall!
The dark green is (I believe) a form of algae, which is not altogether harmful (nor is the white stuff next door, which is called efflorescence). However, it denotes that this wall is seriously seriously wet...damp, soaked, what have you. The white happens when water is behind the wall, trapped, and forces the salts through the mortar. Since the mortar is hard cement, the salts are coming through the softer face of the brick. This eventually results in the core of the brick crumbling with the face appearing to be OK, until the face falls off and the brick is seen to be decayed and un-structural.
This looks like a nice Flemish bond though, so the wall should have a good deal of structural integrity before it fails.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! ;)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com