Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Vivary Park Memorial



This is the memorial in Vivary Park to the fallen from the Great War.
With Remembrance Day coming up I expect to start seeing a lot more poppies appearing over the next week or so.

Vivary Park is a great little place, had a few pleasant picnics in there this summer.

The name Vivary Park comes from the fact that it is built, or planted I suppose, on the site of the old Vivarium or fish farm that fed the castle and priory.

Taunton Daily Tune is a shortie today, 'John, I'm Only Dancing' covered by the Chameleons. Comments have been enabled on the site now so you can leave feedback if you like - maybe make a request! I've noticed that both Pod & Donna have decent taste in music - how about the rest of you letting us know what you like!

4 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

That's an impressive war memorial Mountainboy! Liked your image of the yew tree too. Sorry there isn't enough space to tell you about my musical tastes, they are so wide and varied, my collection includes everything from Mozart to Green Day!

Curly's Photoshop

8:47 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

you are a wealth of information. i never knew there was so much in taunton. do you like saint etienne?

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great thing to add a tune to your daily delivery! "Decent" taste may be a difficult thing to share, diversity and different ways of hearing music is the key to discovery to me. I'm into Nick Cave but discovered the Chameleons :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

There is nothing decent in my taste, it usually causes muttered utterings.

At a party this summer I was lambasted for playing an LP by one of the few artists that could be considered genius...

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com