Saturday, January 27, 2007



This is the universal British problem...The supermarkets are winning the battle for the high street, they are cheap and convenient. You can get everything you think you need there...
But one pound in every eight spent on the British high street goes to Tesco, that can't be right!!!

I buy my meat at a local butcher, I buy my vegetables at a local shop, despite all this I still contribute to the supermarkets. I can't help it, I don't earn enough to break the chain entirely.

As a world consumer force we need to inform the supermarkets that we don't want packaging, we don't want underpriced goods, we just want real food.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Spot on!
Happy Sunday for you!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh--a runaway trolley! Will it just stay there or will someone take it back to its home?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Oleanderman said...

Agreed. And their cheapness is frequently only loss-leader deep and the supplier is the one profit-pinched, never the supermarket. Poignant shot.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com