Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Market House



Feeling a bit fluey today and you know how much worse that is for a man than a woman.... so I am using a photo I took the other evening.

This is the Market House, it used to be the centre of the market but has been turned into a pub now, it's not a very pretty pub inside despite its great exterior and amazing location smack bang in the middle of town. It is certainly busy enough, last time I went in I could not hear myself scream for beer!

Today's tune continues the punky theme (might give that a rest after today) but it has a bit of a twist - see if you can recognise the vocalist. The band is Leftfield and this is Open Up.

9 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

But the important question...did you get that beer? What do you mean by "fluey"? The flu? Ok, now I get it. Yes, we men need a lot more attention when we're sick. Go have another beer just to be sure!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

gosh, that tune brings back some memories of when i was in london. with old johnnie on vocals. get well soon. milk it for as long as possible....

9:42 PM  
Blogger Irredento Urbanita said...

I hope you defeat the flu, The autumn in Barcelona is still absent.

Greetings from a peruvian in Barcelona

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will fight and beat the flu. Drink lots of liquid (not beer)!

1:46 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

hey mark, what's on the other floors?

8:35 AM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

Hi all, ok maybe it's a minor cold rather than a flu - but thanks for the sympathy anyway, it's not like I'll get any at home! ;)

Did I get the beer Eric? I am like Inspector Clouseau of the Surete... I always get my man (er, Beer!)

Edwin, good question, I should have said in the text: The basement is pool tables for the pub, the ground floor is the bar itself and the other floors are a dance school.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

Oh and Pod, I KNEW you would know that... :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Oleanderman said...

Great building - shame it's not so nice inside. I've got pneumonia - I mean a cold - myself so I know what you were going through!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

It's ALWAYS worse for us blokes Neo.... ;)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com