Thursday, May 24, 2007

Feathered Rat



I had a friend in the army called Rat, his little brother was Mouse - this post isn't about either of them...

There has been some talk on the Taunton online forum organised by the local newspaper about the Pigeons that are such a nuisance in town. I saw this one perched on the wire near the canal - it seemed to be minding its own business pretty much.

I messed around with this shot in Photoshop, adding some noise and playing around with the levels until it looked similar to the photographs in my old natural history books I read when I was a kid, I must have learned about so much of the world in black and white!

It was hot today, very hot. I was teaching on a converted bus, with the sun glaring through the windows and the computers running it was very uncomfortable. I have made a concession for the police officers tomorrow - they don't need to wear uniform, I am such a considerate teacher! ;)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger GaĆ«lle said...

I tend not to like pigeon that much, but I really like your picture! Well done!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Nice shot-I like what you've done with it!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com