Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Taunton Pop Up Pissoir Party



Sometimes I guess you end up with photos you never envisaged!

I was meeting my little family after work today when we saw this commotion going on: It's the 'launch event' for our new pop-up urinal! Smack bang in the centre of town...

Designed to stop the problem of blokes peeing in the street, against doorways etc on nights out when they can't be bothered to wait. A great idea but WHY in the centre of the town, just 20 metres away would have been a whole lot more discrete. As it is they are going to be in open view of everyone, drunkenly waving away in the wind...

I don't think it was needed, as it is we slap a £80 instant fine on anyone we catch letting go in the street - a nice little earner! ;)

Taunton Daily Tune... I resisted the temptation to find something toilet related and went with a classic pop tune from 1982. I was 14, no doubt my girlfriend will point out that she was 2 when she sees this tomorrow but hey! I KNOW I am an OLD FART! Anyway - back to the tune - The Associates - Party Fears Two. RIP Billy Mackenzie.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. Does this thing only pop up at night?

1:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have seen these in Reading before, and there they only pop up at night. Never knew we had one in Taunton though!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

this must be the weirdest party theme I've ever heard of...good capture!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Mountainboy said...

It does only pop up at night, it's very clever - the roof is the stone that they cut out of the floor. During the day it is almost invisible.
They are a few of them in Bristol but this is our first...

I wonder if it is possible to get trapped in one when it retreats into it's hole!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

oh how werid. i didnt realise they retreat underground. does anyone come and supervise i wonder. i would be afriad to use it in fear of disappearing. besides i would much rather pee down an alley than on the main street, wouldnt you?

9:29 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

I read about this in one of the papers today, never heard of anyhing quite so ridiculous frankly.

Curly's Photoshop

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kala said...

that is one weird and interesting invention!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

If you're an old fart...what does that make me?!? EEEEEK! LOL! ;-) Nice pop-up-pee-er! EEEEEW!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com